…as Breast Cancer Awareness Month observedANSA McAL Trading Limited (AMTL) and the Guyana Cancer Foundation, on Monday partnered with each other to launch the Pantene promotion under the theme, “Growing stronger with Pantene”.From left: Founder of the Guyana Cancer Foundation, Bibi Saeedah Akhtar Hassan and Business Unit Head for P&G products, Padma Kunjbeharry display Pantene productsThe promotion will coincide with Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which begins today.The collaboration aims to generate funds from the sale of Pantene products from which a total of $150 from every bottle sold will be donated to the Guyana Cancer Foundation.During a press conference at the company’s Beterverwagting Boardroom, Managing Director of AMTL, Troy Cadogan reiterated support and enthusiasm to continue ANSA McAL’s long fight against cancer, as he urged persons to buy the hair care product that might save a life.Cadogan also noted that his organisation will be part of more activities during the month of October to show the company’s support towards the fight against cancer, especially breast cancer, which is most dominant in Guyana.Meanwhile, President and Founder of the Guyana Cancer Foundation, Bibi Saeedah Akhtar Hassan expressed gratitude for the partnership, effort and contributions while noting that the fight against cancer is made a little easier with companies such as ANSA McAL giving generous donations.The Pantene hair products can be found at all participating locations that include Bounty Supermarket outlets (Regent and Water Streets, Grove and Kitty), Massy Stores (Providence), Jaigobin Supermarket, N&S Mattai’s and DSL Cash and Carry outlets (Sheriff Street, Ruimveldt and Diamond).Moreover, the monies donated will go to screening and testing individuals who may exhibit signs of the deadly disease. So far, the Cancer Institute of Guyana Inc has recorded some 110 breast cancer cases diagnosed for the first half of 2019, as such these organisations are raising awareness to save multiple lives of both women and men.As a result of this, organisations in the Private Sector are being urged to join the fight against the disease by donating monies which goes towards mammograms, ultrasounds and Pap smears.
Photo from ONE ChampionshipAfter a disqualification loss at ONE: A New Era, a split decision in November last year, and another loss via submission in 2016, Kevin “The Silencer” Belingon is looking for a decisive finish this time, when he meets Bibiano “The Flash” Fernandes for a fourth time and reclaim his glory at ONE: Century on 13 October in Tokyo, Japan.“It is hard to tell how it will end, but I’m looking for a knockout so that all talks will be settled,” Belingon said.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. DTI creates Marahuyo, a luxe Filipino fashion brand for global buyers P11-B loan for SEA Games hosting not an issue — Cayetano This jewelry designer is also an architect “It’s hard to leave this to the judges because there would be doubts there. I have to get that knockout win.”In the last bout against the 39-year old Brazilian, Belingon was confident he would be able to defend his title with his powerful strikes. Unfortunately for him, things went south due to an accidental elbow to the back of Bibiano’s head.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGreatest ever?SPORTSBecoming his own manSPORTSFormer PBA import Anthony Grundy passes away at 40Heading into their latest bout, Belingon is determined to finally put the exclamation point to end their rivalry.“More than ever, I am familiar with Bibiano – his style, the way he moves. I already know what to expect and what I’ll do in our fourth match,” he said. Becoming his own man Canadian vaping study details danger from ‘popcorn lung’ chemical MOST READ “For our game plan, I’m leaving it to coach Mark Sangiao so I can effectively counter his striking and takedowns.”Belingon believes he needs to restore order after his Team Lakay teammates lost their titles in their respective divisions. When he enters the Circle again at Ryogoku Kokugikan he will draw inspiration from Joshua “The Passion” Pacio’s victorious title rematch and use that as his own motivation to succeed.“This is so important for us. If we get the belt back, I think it will prove that we’re number one in Asia,” said the 31-year-old.“I am inspired by Joshua because he got his belt back. Now I have to get mine back and bring it home to Baguio.”ADVERTISEMENT Bolt gone, doping back as the main topic in sprint game LATEST STORIES Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Makabayan bloc defends protesting workers, tells Año to ‘shut up’ PLAY LIST 02:11Makabayan bloc defends protesting workers, tells Año to ‘shut up’03:07PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games01:38‘Bato’ to be ‘most effective’ CHR head? It’s for public to decide – Gascon02:07Aquino to Filipinos: Stand up vs abuses before you suffer De Lima’s ordeal01:28Ex-President Noynoy Aquino admits contracting pneumonia00:45Aquino agrees with Drilon on SEA games ‘kaldero’ spending issue Duterte calls himself, Go, Cayetano ‘the brightest stars’ in PH politics Matteo Guidicelli had saved up for Sarah G’s ring since 2014? Ethel Booba on SEA Games cauldron: ‘Sulit kung corrupt ang panggatong’ View comments